Thursday 24 November 2011

Virgin wine bargains for Christmas 2011?


I make this blog post title a question since I am not sure of what I write.

A friend of mine has £200 to spend on a case, nothing too light or too heavy, only with Virgin Wines UK.

Here below are the top three I picked for him out of about 10 others.

I must say not hugely impressed with Virgin wines and their selection: Search for "Cotes du Rhone-Villages" and nothing comes up!

Firmly in the lower end of the market from what I could tell.

The top wines are few and have no images, so I guess they don't sell many. Not surprising given the selection.

Moaning aside, here's what I picked that MAY be decent under £15 per bottle:


Flori Barolo 2006

Chateau du Seuil Graves Rouge 2004

Guia Real Rioja Gran Reserva 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment